Bay Park Civic Association History
The first meeting of the Bay Park Civic & Property Owner's Association was held on June 24, 1927. At that time Daniel B. Busch was the mayor of the Association. Mayor Busch and his Board were instrumental in getting the railroad schedule and the two station stops. They were also instrumental in getting direct mail delivery to the Bay Parkers. Unfortunately the neighborhood divided and on February 4, the first meeting of the Association of Property Owners of the East Side of the Grand Canal was held, resulting in two Associations. However on June 21, 1947, the Bay Park Civic and Property Owner's Association met unified as one, as we are today.
Information provided by Phyllis LaSelva.
History of the head of the Grand Canal
History of the dedication of the memorial at the head of the Grand Canal